World

Lint in dryer causes Brisbane house fire

(BCN) — A dryer filled with lint caused a house fire on Tuesday afternoon in Brisbane, North County Fire Authority officials said.

Around 3:10 p.m. Tuesday, crews were alerted to a structure fire at 113 San Bruno Ave. When they arrived, they found smoke coming from the front of a one-story, single-family home.
According to the Fire Authority, the house’s occupants already evacuated.

Crews found smoke and flames coming from the laundry room and a clothes dryer. Using hose lines, they contained the fire to that room. Fire officials said the house had smoke damage, so firefighters had to remain on scene for an hour and a half checking for fire extension.

No residents were displaced by the fire and there were no reported injuries.

Fire investigators said the cause of the fire was an accumulation of lint in the dryer and dryer vent.

Copyright © 2024 Bay City News, Inc.

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button